
It's tricky to rock a rhyme that's right on time...
Don't know if you knew that. I mean have you tried? ;) Haha. Ya I ran into Run DMC (well Darryl McDaniels of DMC..he's on the right) at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio this week. Just a part of my life's goal to bump into the most random of celebrities.
Here's the story: I'm in Cleveland for work and we had some extra time on Wednesday the 24th, so we headed over to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (it was awesome by the way), well we're walking around (oh and I'm with some colleagues from work) and contemplating going up an escalator to the top floor when a very handsome black guy turns the corner. There are a few people with him, but nothing like an entourage, very inconspicuous. Once he passed mere steps in front of me and got on the escalator, I knew he was somebody..actor? Rapper? I walked right over to an Employee and asked who that was and she said "Oh he's in the group Run DMC, they're being inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight". What?! And sure enough I look back over and there is a huge picture of him hanging! Hahaha.
All this reminded me of my most recent celebrity encounter with Mr. Scott Wolf (Party of Five anyone?) on a flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. I recognized him when we were boarding and just waited patiently for the opportunity once we arrived in SLC. I couldn't help myself...I followed him off (no one else recognized him!) and just chatted it up. Touched his arm and told him how I was totally into his new series "The Nine" that they unfortunately canceled. Oh and then when we picked up our luggage..ya he stood right next to me and we bonded a bit more. Pretty sure he and his wife are stopping by for the Holidays...
But what do either of those guys have on Mandy Moore? I mean seriously, Mandy Moore..she was a sweetheart. I was a dirty American tourist in London, who jumped off a bus and ran her down (ya, fortunately for me she didn't see the running part). Followed her into a small store and then quietly approached her to chat it up and get her autograph. Total doll. Up until I blew the one chance to prove I was cool (which I think I may have redeemed in my dialogue with Scott)...when I spoke those unretrievable words... "Way to go against Britney".Ya I said it. I was flustered..it was back when her hair was cute and short and so was mine, but all anyone could talk about was Britney Spears..and...well, it made sense in my head! Hahaha.. poor Mandy was so confused and merely thanked me for my attempted compliment.

So there you have it. I'm a regular B List (maybe even C List?) magnet. Who knows, maybe Christian Slater is next...always had a thing for him ;).
1 comment:
I really hope these celebrities don't read your blog. I think Scott Wolf would cancel his plans to visit you if he knew you were calling him a C-lister!!
Post a Comment