Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clyde James DeLeon

Clyde James DeLeon. Born July 15, 2009. Nearly two weeks early! Which is why he was a month old by the time I got to finally meet him! Isn't he just beautiful?!

He has blue eyes...and how we pray they'll stay (and that he'll grow into that DeLeon nose..). But I just couldn't get enough of this little guy.
I think being an Aunt may just be the greatest thing that has happened to me. Honestly. I'll let Melissa do all the hard work and I'll just show up to hold, snuggle, love, adore, spoil and basically cherish the babies. Whatya think sister? Deal? :)
Oh and let's not forget Vince the Prince, who makes my heart so happy, I just want to cry every time I think about my little man. I mean, look how big he is? And we just had a blast, playing and swimming and being a 3 year old.
Gosh, can you tell who Vince takes after?
Baby Clyde (that is what we are calling him at the moment since that's what Vince calls him...Melissa and I laughed about the thought of the name sticking and him being this huge football playing teenager and us shouting "Play hard Baby Clyde!") sleeping, something he does sorta well, he's still perfecting the art of sleeping through the night. Hey, he's still young!
Grandma and Aunt Mimi kicking it (ya you read that right, I am Aunt Mimi, Vince said it and it stuck, so take that Mariah Carey, I'm the real Mimi!)
And the beautiful woman we have to thank for these two precious babies. My amazingly strong, nurturing, hilarious sister. She is such a great Mom. So patient and loving. It's a pretty surreal thing to watch your sibling turn into a parent...and a good one at that, but then again we did have great examples. And we pretty much have the greatest family. How I love them all.

(there was a cute picture of Melissa and Clyde right here...but alas I accidentally deleted it..dang it!)

3 comments:

Annie said...

isn't he the cutest little baby. I can only imagine that you are the best aunt ever.

Krista said...

Oh my goodness!! Clyde is SOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!! Tell Melissa congrats for me! And I totally agree with you... let your sis do all the work, you snuggle and send them back when you're done! Best thing to do!! And make sure to tell your mom hello for me!!! Love you and miss you girl!!

JWolfgramm said...

how exciting Miranda!! I love all of his hair!!! how cute!