I heart Paris.
It's just that simple.
I was able to spend a week in the city and it was absolute perfection.
70 degress the entire time, hanging with my parents, strolling through the city streets, eating crepes whenever I wanted and laughing my head off with some of my favorite DC friends.
Oh it was wonderful.
I love it!
Front Row seats to the Mona Lisa. Turns out, all you gotta do is tear your ACL, get a wheelchair and your VIP baby.
I was laughing so dang hard when they wheeled her over....hahahaha.
Don't know about you, but I get super tight after walking a few miles.
Aww...sunset outside the Louvre.
Sunset in Paris. Gorgeous.
Notre Dame.
Enjoying some down time by the Seine River.
These next few photos just crack me up... KA had my camera and was able to capture the slow motion destruction of my crepe and apparently proving that I am 5 years old and incapable of eating properly. Hahahaha.
It begins to fall...
Attempting another bite...
Love this picture.
Out of control.
Oh she is just too beautiful for words.
Standing on top of the Arc de Triumphe.
Yearning from afar.
One of my favorite photos from the Normandy Museum at Caen. These are French Women liberated when the American and Allied Troops arrived.
So real. You can just see the joy on their faces.
Incredibly humbling.
It was the greatest museum... I could have spent a whole day in there alone.
The only thing I really wanted to do this trip, was Normandy. So we signed up for the Full Day Tour with a guide. It was the best money I spent all week. We hit the museum and the Beaches and the American Cemetery. It was such a powerful day. This is a picture of us at Gold Beach (I think).
Looking down at one of the beaches the Allies stormed on D-day.
Another beach shot.
MJ singing and bonding with our Tour Guide.
Outside the American Cemetery at Normandy.
Rossi, our other Tour Guide and our personal Fave. She knew everything and was such a sweetheart. I love French people :)
Gratitude.
Omaha Beach.
I love this girl. We had so much fun together.
Attempting to jump and not quite capturing it... haha.
Our very last stop on the tour, it decided to down pour. It was Pont du Hac (?). It was where the Rangers crawled up the cliffs and fought it out with the Germans for 2 days.
D-Day.
Standing there with the rows and rows of White Crosses was a very reverent experience.
Reminded me of Gettysburg.
Hallowed Ground.
We are so indebted to those who have fought and who continue to fight for the cause of Freedom.
1 comment:
a. leave it to MJ to make friends with the tour guide and entertain the entire car
b. just plaster "jealous" across my forehead--jealous of Paris, jazz in the sculpture garden, etc, etc. Can I rationalize a trip to DC this soon?
Post a Comment