Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Alright, so I have a pretty sweet gig, I gotta be honest. I LOVE my job. I do realize it's quite a blessing to say that, especially in this economy. I was able to go to San Francisco this last week for work and it was AMAZING. I'd never been to the Bay area and it didn't disappoint. Here is a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge (thanks to my Manager Alison for snapping these as I drove the Mini-van through the crazy steep streets of San Fran!).




Of course we hit up Ghiradelli square. Who cares if you can buy this chocolate in the grocery store; it did taste better in their overpriced specialty store!

Just a shot as we were walking down to Pier 39 from our hotel. Check out the trees, they look like bony hands coming out of the ground!


My colleague Lisa and I wanted to take a ride on a Cable Car, but then we realized how slow they are and decided that all we really wanted was a picture on one!


Check out the guy behind us checking us out! He had just put his hand on my back and I was a bit surprised..and so was his wife!

This was as close as I got to Alcatraz, the only downside to the trip. It was an all day adventure and we just didn't have enough time to do it..so next time I'm out that way, that's the first thing I'm going to do. The Rock will have to wait.


This would be the Golden Gate Bridge from a distance with some Naval ship...there was even a Pirate looking ship nearby. Pretty busy port apparently.


What would a trip to San Francisco be without some sourdough? It was quite yummy and definitely hit the spot.


This sign made me laugh, not sure why, maybe a little too true for these times.


Our hotel was right by the Wharf..ya I know, could we have chosen a better spot? Probably not. Like I said, I lead a rough life ;)

Right off of Pier 39 there are tons of Sea Lions. Why you ask? Well read on and you will find out!


Ya they are pretty precious, don't you think? I especially love the individual in the middle determined not to blend in; holding his head high. Too cute.


I really couldn't have picked a better place to have my Evaluation trip. Yup. My manager came with me and observed me evaluating the schools and I passed!!! It was a tough week but I learned a lot and feel much more confident for my first solo trip in 2 weeks! The best part of San Francisco though was definitely getting to hang out with my big brother Nathan. He moved to the Bay area in September (he misses NYC something fierce) and so we got together every night after I was done with work and grabbed some delicous food (pretty sure I'm good to go on Asian food for about a year) and just got to catch up. He is such a good guy and it was just so much fun to chat and explore the city together. Definitely another successful trip.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Looks like you had fun in San Fran. Wish I could have come with you! Next time you go to SF let me know... maybe I can figure out a way to meet up with you! Love ya girly!!

Kim said...

Look at where you were two years ago today. Time is flying by!